Update Regarding COVID-19
The Shepherd’s Staff Commitment to Minimize Exposure
The Shepherd’s Staff is taking the necessary precautions to protect our clients and help slow the spread of COVID-19. The Staff is committing to you to minimize exposure as much as possible. The following steps are being put into place to carry out that task:
- Therapists’ offices have been arranged for appropriate physical distancing.
- There is no client seating in any of the public areas.
- The Staff will wear masks at all times in public areas of the building.
- The Staff will maintain safe distancing.
- Restroom soap dispensers are maintained, and everyone is encouraged to wash their hands often.
- Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is available throughout the building.
- We ask clients to wait in their cars or outside (observing safe distance) until called by their therapist.
- Credit card pads, pens and other areas commonly touched are sanitized after each use.
- Physical contact is not permitted.
- Tissues and trash bins are easily accessed. Trash is disposed of on a frequent basis.
- Common areas are thoroughly disinfected at the end of each day.
- The Staff will maintain vigilance regarding their personal health through temperature checks and maintaining awareness of any unusual physical changes or symptoms.
- The Staff will maintain vigilance regarding being around people and events that could risk exposure.
- The Staff will notify you if your therapist should test positive for the coronavirus.
- The Staff will require that anyone showing symptoms or knows they have been exposed, will be asked to leave the TSS office immediately. Telehealth may be an option at that time.
- If The Staff is required to notify local health authorities to advise that a client who has teted positive has been in the office, only very minimal information would be furnished to insure client confidentiality. By signing the Consent for In-Person Therapy Sessions During COVID-19 Health Crisis, you are stating you are aware that may be done without an additional signed release.
- Additional information is available on The Shepherd’s Staff website.
- Please contact your therapist if you have further questions.